Friday, September 19, 2008

Calling UK has never been so cheap

Hello guys! This is Piyush from Bradford. Me, an Indian from Punjab, having shifted to Bradford last February for my postgraduate studies. Well, I have posted several queries in the blog forum, asking if anyone here in UK could tell me about cost effective india phone cards for UK india calling. I have got few response to my queries regarding the UK calling cards. I bought one, but the call rates are high and every time I get connected, unclear voice and poor network hardly lets me talk at ease.

Two weeks back, I came across the news that Airtel has launched UK calling cards here in UK under the banner of Airtel call home. Like me many of you must be looking for cheap india phone cards, so I am sharing my exciting experience here. What prompted me to sign up for is the call rate as well as the introductory launch offer. 25 minutes of free talk time as well as an additional 50 per cent extra talk time over and above what is purchased made me sign up for the Airtel call home. I have subscribed to toll free access for which the call rates are 4.5 pence per minute otherwise it is 3.5 pence a minute for toll access. The Refer-a-Friend programme entitles one to up to 100 minutes of free talk-time, for each successful referral but unfortunately no one has yet accepted my reference.

Well the process of signing up is so easy. It takes only one hour for the first signing up and for the consecutive recharging it hardly takes a minute. I am using my Indian credit card to pay the denomination online. You just need to create an Account Id with password and a PIN (which you need to disable will making a call).

No comments: